The Sacrament of Baptism
Baptism is the church’s proclamation and experience that we are who we are because God has first chosen us and loved us and called us into His kingdom. In Baptism, we participate in Jesus’ death and resurrection by dying to what separates us from God and by being raised to newness of life in Christ. (Romans 6:4, Colossians 2:12, 1 Peter 3:21).
Baptism is available to adults and children upon their profession of faith in Jesus Christ, as well as to the infants of parents who are active attendees of Menlo Church. Parents wanting to reserve baptism for the time of their child’s personal profession of faith in Christ may present their children for dedication. Baptism, whether administered to those who profess their faith or to those presented for Baptism as children, is one and the same Sacrament. The baptism of infants witnesses to the truth of God’s gracious initiative, that God loves us even before we are able to respond in faith. The baptism of adults and children witnesses to the truth that God’s grace can make us new creations at any stage of our lives.
Through baptism, an individual is joined to the Church universal, the body of Christ. As there is one body, there is one Baptism. (Ephesians 4:4-6). We recognize all Baptisms with water in the name of the Father, of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit administered by other Christian churches.
Marriage is a celebration of the love that unites a man and a woman in a relationship where “they are no longer two, but one.”
We are delighted you are considering having your wedding ceremony take place at Menlo Church. You do not need to be a member of our church family in order to be married in our sanctuary.
We believe marriage is a covenant between a woman and a man who, before God, make a lifelong commitment to each other. In our wedding ceremonies, we rejoice that marriage is a gift given by God, blessed by Jesus Christ and sustained by the Holy Spirit. The wedding ceremony marks the beginning of a union between the husband and wife and Christ, and celebrates God’s plan for marriage.
Wedding Times and Facilities
Weddings may be scheduled on Friday evenings beginning between 4 and 6 p.m. or on Saturdays beginning between 10:30 a.m and 1 p.m. The sanctuary seats 500 people in the downstairs area. There are 27 pews on either side of the center aisle and aisle is 75 feet long.
Facilities are not available for receptions on the Menlo Church campus.
Rehearsals are usually scheduled at 4 or 5pm on either a Thursday or a Friday. The rehearsal is under the supervision of the Menlo Church pastor and wedding coordinator.
Weddings are a part of our ministry. Therefore, weddings at Menlo Church are conducted under the direction of one of our pastors. We have several ordained pastors on the Menlo Church staff who perform weddings. If you have a preference for a particular pastor, your request will be honored, if possible. The pastor will meet with the bride and groom prior to the ceremony. These appointments need to be arranged through the pastor’s office. A guest pastor may participate in the ceremony. Please contact us with any questions.
We strongly encourage premarital counseling sessions with the pastor who will perform your wedding ceremony. Additionally, the following resources are available:
- Foundations for Marriage is a course for couples (dating, engaged, or recently married) presenting a Biblical and practical foundation for marriage. For more information, please contact the leaders, Josh and Kate Woodward. Register Now for the Fall 2017 class.
- Great Dates offers tools to renew your marriage in a Christ-centered setting. Contact Ed Brackenbury.
- Love & Respect is a marriage enrichment class for women offered June 28 to August 30, 2017. Contact Menlo.Love.Respect@gmail.com
- Menlo Marriage Tuneup is a workshop that helps nurture marriages at all ages and stages. Contact MenloMarriageTuneUp@gmail.com. Registration opens soon for Fall 2017 class.
- Premarital Mentoring Ministry connects seriously dating and engaged couples with trained Christian mentor couples. More information.
- Solid Start Life Group Community is a fellowship group for seriously dating, engaged and newly-married couples in their 20’s and 30’s that is focused on developing Christ-centered marriages. Contact Jeremy and Bridget Koehler.
Wedding music is under the direction and guidelines of the pastor and wedding coordinator. A sample wedding music CD is available from the wedding coordinator.
The fee for utilizing Menlo Church as the setting for your wedding is $1,850 for non-members and $1,350 for members. This fee includes:
- the Menlo Church pastor
- sound technician
- wedding coordinator and hostess at the rehearsal and ceremony
- candelabra stands with candles
- use of the bridal room and groom’s room
We can also provide a white silk flower arrangement for the communion table and a unity candle set. You will have the use of the sanctuary for a 2.5 hour period, starting 1 hour before the ceremony begins and extending an additional 1.5 hours, including the ceremony. A $250 deposit is required.
Please download and complete the wedding application below and include the deposit fee when submitting the application. Otherwise, please include the deposit fee when submitting the wedding application.
Please call Nancy Florence, 650-323-8653, for assistance or for more information about Memorial Services at Menlo Church / Menlo Park Campus
Duncan Matteson, Tuesday, June 6, 2017, 1 PM
Jan Gay (89) and Hank Gay (92), Saturday, June 10, 2017, 2 PM, Kumulani Chapel, Maui, Hawaii
Roy Whitfield, Jr., Tuesday, June 27, 4 PM
Connie Gibson, Friday, July 21, 2 PM