One-on-One Care with a Stephen Minister
There is no need to struggle alone. Everyone goes through difficult times. Having someone to care, to listen, to share God’s love with can help you through the confusion, stress, or loneliness you may be experiencing.
God does not intend for us to struggle alone. Consider allowing a Stephen Minister from Menlo Church to walk with you on your journey to wholeness. Your Stephen Minister has been through extensive training and will meet with you for about an hour each week to listen and pray with you as you go through a crisis or transition in your life.
STEPHEN MINISTERS PROVIDE:
Confidential, one-to-one Christian care to people who are:
• grieving the death of a loved one
• hospitalized or recovering from hospitalization
• lonely or discouraged
• coping with or caring for a family member with a terminal illness
• unemployed or in a job crisis
• disabled or caring for an ill or disabled family member
• moving or relocating
• new to the congregation or the community
• anticipating the birth or adoption of a child
• homebound or institutionalized
• transitioning into retirement
• dealing with the crisis of aging
• facing a life transition
• experiencing a spiritual crisis
• victims of a disaster or accident
What is a Stephen Minister?
A STEPHEN MINISTER IS:
• a child of God who walks beside a hurting person;
• a caring Christian who really listens;
• a member of our congregation who has received 50 hours of training in how to provide distinctively Christian care;
• a person who is ready to focus on your needs;
• a trustworthy confidant who will keep everything you say, and even your identity, confidential;
• someone who will faithfully meet with you on a weekly basis for as long as your need persists.
A STEPHEN MINISTER IS NOT:
• a counselor or therapist;
• a problem-solver;
• someone who runs errands or helps with chores;
• a casual visitor.
To request a Stephen Minister: Call and leave a message at 650.330.7516 or email us at email@example.com.