SERVE AS A STEPHEN MINISTER
Do you have a heart for those who are hurting? Are you a good listener? Do you have time in your life to meet regularly with someone and walk with them through a difficult time?
Stephen Ministry is a churchwide caring ministry that provides training to people in our congregation so they can provide distinctively Christian, one to one care to those who are experiencing all kinds of life needs and circumstances. Stephen Ministers provide an extension of pastoral care because they are able to reach more people with Christian care than pastors can by themselves.
Stephen Ministers are committed Christian people who:
• Express God’s care through their lives to others
• Receive 50 hours of initial training in important caring ministry skills and concepts.
• Are commissioned as Stephen Ministers after completing their initial training.
• Visit another person regularly and dependably, and offer Christian support and care.
• Participate in regular support and supervision under the guidance of trained Stephen Leaders.
• Are committed to preserving the confidential nature of the caring relationship.
• Serve for at least 2 years
• Receive continuing education and skill building throughout their years of service.
If you'd like to become a Stephen Minister, please fill out a volunteer application.
For more information, contact Monte Fisher.
Are you going through a hard time? There's no need to struggle alone. Find a Stephen Minister.