Key events in Menlo Church's Senior Pastor search.
- August - Session announced there will be a Senior Pastor search after Transitional Pastor established
- November - Transitional Pastor, John Crosby, joined Menlo Church
- February 3 - Session revisited the Senior Pastor search process
- February 23 - Session asked for committee nominations from congregation to be collected by campus pastors
- March - Elders started contacting nominees
- April - Committee Selected: Session approved 10 nominees (6 congregational members and 4 Elders) to serve as the Senior Pastor Search Committee.
- May - Committee Formation: Prayerful research in Senior Pastor search process, history of Menlo Church, understanding on the vision of Menlo Church from Vision Menlo Church task force, and covenant agreement among committee members
- June - Tasks and Milestones: Drafting of job description, candidate profile, and church profile. Research into Executive Search Firms
- July - Selection of AGORA Search Group: Session Approval and Onboarding of AGORA Search Group
- August - Initial meetings between AGORA, SPSC, and Staff, with visits to a few campuses, to better understand Menlo’s values, vision, mission, and culture.
- September - AGORA launches formal search for candidates
- Fall 2021 - Pre-screening of candidates
- Winter 2022 - First Level interviews
- Winter 2022 - Second Level interviews (ECO Ministry Partnership Team, Session, and Staff)
- Spring 2022 - Candidate On Location Preaching, Offer Extension, Offer Acceptance, and Congregational Vote