Key events in Menlo Church's process from fall 2019 to fall 2021.
- November - Session Chair informed of the complaint against the volunteer and emergency Session meeting was called on November 22
- November - Pastor John Ortberg was placed on leave November 22
- November - Session authorized engaging legal counsel to aid the Ethical Misconduct Committee and the hiring of an independent investigator
- December - Fred Alvarez of Coblentz, Patch, Duffy and Bass, LLP was hired as the investigator
- January - Results of first investigation released
- February - Pastor John Ortberg authorized to return as teaching pastor effective March 7
- June - Volunteer’s name identified on Twitter
- July - Pastor John Ortberg resigned effective after last sermon on August 2
- July - Session voted to pursue supplemental investigation
- August - The congregation formally dissolved Pastor John Ortberg's call on Aug 30
- August - Independent Supplemental Investigation Advisory Committee (SIAC) formed consisting of 5 volunteers
- September - SIAC started review and research
- November - SIAC recommended to Session that Zero Abuse Project be engaged to conduct the supplemental investigation
- December - Session approved SIAC recommendation of Zero Abuse Project
- December - Contract signed with Zero Abuse Project
- January - Start of supplemental investigation by Zero Abuse Project
- February - Zero Abuse Project starts interviews
- March - Zero Abuse has completed the first phase of document review and 6 weeks of interviews. Interviews are ongoing. Please respond to interview requests either in the affirmative or negative. The better the response rate, the higher the quality of the final report.
- March 8 - Menlo hosted Zero Abuse presentation. Watch "Connecting Conversations: Empowering Parents and Caregivers" or view the transcript.
- March - August - Interviews are ongoing
- TBD - Supplemental investigation report expected in late summer, after interviews have concluded and the investigation is completed.
- TBD - Session will host Town Hall for congregation Q&A after conclusion of investigation